Take 5 minutes to watch this video.
This inspirational video was posted by Diamond Dallas Page Yoga, a hybrid yoga and fitness system.
What This Means
Text and images are good. Video is richer, invoking sight and sound. Video can be expensive (monetarily and time); however, many barriers have fallen thanks to YouTube and Vimeo. Bonus: most successful videos are amateur and produced and edited with iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.
The inspirational video is successful because:
- It’s under 5 minutes. The conflict appears within 15 seconds.
- Video and pictures were used to show progression and resolution. The pictures provided progression; video provided updates and success.
- The correct music was chosen for an emotional touch.
- Text was used to pace the story. The words informed and humanized the narration.
- Use a video camera, smartphone or flip video to record.
- Craft a video with still and moving images.
Show donors, recipients, projects in progress and completed projects.
- Keep videos under 5 minutes.
- Humanize the voice of the video.
- Tell the story with emotion.
- Keep audio and text simple and conversational.