The best thing about FirstGiving.com is the customization and donor challenges.
The worst thing about FirstGiving.com is its cost and fees.
Its custom styling can give the look and feel of your organization’s site. The optional peer-to-peer fundraising allows challenges to be set up among individuals (gamification!), and minimum donations are controlled by the organization, not FirstGiving. The downside? The fees. FirstGiving not only charges $500/year, but then tacks on % of donations and processing fees for credit cards!
3 out of 5
- One of the oldest (been around for a while)
- Peer-to-peer fundraising pages
- Integration with Eventbrite
- Direct donation button for org’s website
- Offline donations can be added to keep the goal meter up to date and accurate
- Debit and credit cards accepted
- Donations accepted from outside US from credit card only
- No preset minimum donation
- Page may be stylized
- Pricing is annual and locked in for a year
- Price includes fees
- Can only be used for 501(c)(3) currently in the system’s database
Cost: $500/year + % fees
Page Builder: Yes
Custom Branding: Yes
Custom URLS: Yes but after the slash
Encryption: 256-bit SSL
Multiple campaigns at once: Yes
API integration: Yes
Social integration: Yes
Responsive Design/Mobile optimized: Yes
Visit FirstGiving.com to get started.